Friday 21 January 2011

Odette & Odile




Tonight I watched Darren Aronofsky's new film Black Swan with Wen Chean. It was immense, beautiful, sensual and very very creepy. Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis really did a great job and I think they deserve all the praise they've been receiving. But it was creepy, and it would have been more overwhelming had I watched this alone in a dark room.


Behind all the beautiful tutu and elegant moves, there's always a dark side to everyone. It almost lures me into searching for my own darkness. Time to get out the eyeliner and black lace...

The more I dream about it, the more I want to try it - living in New York City. Even though I've been to the city once (back in 2005 during GYLC), it didn't make much of an impression when I was there, but then I didn't really have a chance to explore the city. Right now I'm trying to save up money for summer travels, but I haven't decided where to go yet. Originally I was planning to do InterRailing. But now other places have crossed my mind: North Korea (maybe it's too unpredicted right now), New York or Los Angeles. First thing first: save up money. Target: at least £1500.

1 comment:

  1. i'm going to NYC after i graduate HOW EXCITIING.
    as for LA, take a gun if you're going.

    ReplyDelete