Sunday 9 January 2011

ballet flats

Sorry. Another photo-less blog entry. I have, however, included a image from the web. It's my wardrobe staple - ballet flats. Not just ballet flats, and not the ridiculously over-priced French Sole flats - H&M ballet flats (at £7.99 each pair).


I buy at least one pair every year and I wear them almost everyday during the summer. This is how I got my feet tan lines in Summer 2009 - I wore these flats whilst watching the epic Federer-Roddick Wimbledon finals at the big BBC screen at Exchange Square and five hours in the sun resulted in embarrassing and odd tan lines on my feet. As soon as I wear them out (with holes in the heel) I throw them away and get a new pair. Things got a little difficult in Japan 'cause the H&M in Shinsaibashi didn't sell shoes (I know!) so my temporary alternative last year was Uniqlo's flats, but they were more expensive and didn't last as long.

I usually get one pair in black and another in this pale pink colour. The black ones would go with jeans/trousers/tights, and the rosey pink ones would go with skirts/dresses/bare legs. As an unfortunate girl who has serious problems with bunions, hammer toes and callouses, these ballet flats are a wonder 'cause I can wiggle my toes easily in these flats and run without the fear of tripping or losing my shoes.

2 comments:

  1. I have been looking for my size since this style of ballet flats hit stores! But they run out very fast....
    Btw, I'm from Hong Kong! Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Holly - I'm from HK too!

    H&M in the UK probably has a bigger collection than the ones in HK, maybe in the future it'll expand further?

    ReplyDelete