Tuesday 11 January 2011

Down in the slums



Today I finished the new dessert menu for the restaurant. That's probably my only achievement today.

The day began with me drowning in depression. The POLI30101 essay mark was published online and I have never ever done so badly on an essay at university. Why? why does it happen in my final year? Not only is my chance of achieving a First in jeopardy, I have now given up applying to Oxford for postgrad.

The day got a little bit better when I did well at work, but I hate to think that my only achievement comes in waitressing/shopkeeping. I do realise that I've been whining a lot lately, but I don't think I've ever felt like this before. Everyday I get up and I can't find a thing to look forward to or feel excited about. I know being all self-centred and whiny is not good at all, for me or for anyone, but it's just impossible right now. When will things get better?

No comments:

Post a Comment