Friday 14 January 2011

a chocful of love



Today is roomie Wen Chean's birthday. I made her the same chocolate cake I made for Seb's birthday last November. I wanted to make something I had done (succesfully) before so I won't mess someone's birthday cake up. But I still managed to mess it up somehow. Okay it tastes alright and it looks alright, but I was impatient and one of the cake layer sort of broke into pieces when I flipped it over when it was still warm (should have waited until it was cooled!), such a rookie mistake. 9 years of baking experience should not result in this. Argh it makes me mad when I fail at things I know I'm good at.

Lately when I'm thinking about my career and future etc., I keep thinking "what if I had known what I wanted to be from very early on?" and "what if I could choose again? what would I do?". Obviously we can't travel back in time, but if I could it again...I think I might choose musical theatre. Even though I had seen Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat and The Lion King when I was young, but I was never moved or inspired...until I saw Les Miserables at a school production. Then I saw videos of young classical singers performing arias and art songs and all these things made me wanted to take voice lessons. I never wanted to perform in school musicals, I thought musicals and singing were too girly and that they were only for the dominating drama queens. But now when I think about it I really loved it when I pour all my heart and soul into performing a musical number, it gets out all my energy and it feels great! Well now it's a bit too late, isn't it? Plus I can't dance (at all), maybe I can act? And even though my singing has improved since taking voice lessons (I swear I couldn't sing at all before that), I'll never be good enough to become a professional. Hmmm...it's never bad to dream eh? I can keep singing in the shower ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment