Thursday 20 January 2011

m.m.p.



This is the finished piece - Mississippi Mud Pie. I used the recipe from The Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook. It's very rich in chocolate, even though I only used 150g of dark chocolate. But it's sweeter than I had expected (a result of using 300g of soft light brown sugar perhaps?). Anyway this dessert is definitely not good for the body. SIX EGGS I had to use! I headed to the gym soon after I had a slice. Didn't work out much though 'cause my body is being lazy. Last week I had one session where I ran non-stop on the treadmill for half an hour and it felt amazing. But since then I haven't been able to get back into the rhythm, grr...

Another phone interview tomorrow morning (at 9am again - HR people like to test university students, don't they?), followed by a 6-hour day at the University working with secondary school students considering to study the International Baccalaureate Diploma at sixth form/college. IBO should seriously pay me for doing things like these (I'd done it once with Trafford College).

1 comment:

  1. I had a day like that the other week too! I went to the gym and did intervals on an elliptical for half and hour and then another half hour of strength training/lifting weights, etc. and it felt AMAZING! And since then I just haven't been able to get back into the swing of going, even though I want to!! Uhg. So lazy.

    ReplyDelete