Monday 17 January 2011

s-a-l-a-d



today I threw some stuff together and made a very satisfying quick lunch (a variation of the salad I had yesterday).

1 ripe baby avocado
1 little gem lettuce
moderate amount of Gruyere, chopped into small pieces
lightly toasted wholemeal bread (I used this Irish yeast-free loaf I bought from Asda), cut into small pieces
coarse sea salt
coarsely ground black pepper
olive oil
balsamic vinegar

It was actually quite filling and I didn't feel hungry until Sam came to make me dinner (salmon fishcakes with spinach and potatoes).


Right now I'm in a musical theatre mood. Last night I downloaded Highlights from the Chess concert at the Royal Albert Hall (starring Idina Menzel, Josh Groban and Kerry Ellis) for just £0.79 for the entire highlights album. Bargain! In addition to Chess, I'm also listening to Spring Awakening, Hairspray, Miss Saigon, Rent, Les Miserables (duh) and The Phantom of the Opera. Aah I can never get bored of it!

P.S. Y-A-Y for Colin Firth who won Best Actor at the Golden Globes last night!

No comments:

Post a Comment