Tuesday 4 January 2011

food cravings

Now that I've given up red meat, not having it makes me crave for it even more... I don't normally eat a lot of meat anyway so giving up is not too difficult, but the fact that I can't have it makes me want it more.

I often get food cravings when I watch movies or TV. Examples include:

- The Big Bang Theory: Thai food, meatloaf (in spite of its depiction that space toilet episode)
- Ugly Betty: Mexican food in general, but especially flan ("Brrrring It!")
- Julie and Julia: everything! the lobster, reine de saba, hollandaise sauce, bœuf bouguignon, mississippi mud pie, bruschetta...
- Friends: American food in general, pumpkin pie, roast turkey (the Thanksgiving dinners), pizzas and sandwiches (a.k.a. Joey's not-for-sharing food), and popcorn (from time to time you can see there's a bowl of popcorn on the kitchen table and the characters would occasionally dip their hands into the bowl for some popcorn).
- Sex and the City: cupcakes, salads (these women don't really eat much, do they?)

and then obviously when I watch cooking shows I get seri
ous cravings too...

but then somehow I believe in myself for not breaking my no-red-meat diet, maybe my cravings could be satisfied with just the thoughts of eating these food?


Blogging from my new MacBook:

No comments:

Post a Comment