Saturday 1 January 2011

twenty eleven

I never really make New Year resolutions. To be honest I don't really make New Year a big deal. Yesterday was just another day. Last night I stayed at home and just watched TV with Sam, Wen Chean and Duncan, until midnight.

But then this morning I thought of Helen Fielding's Bridget Jones's Diary and Julie Powell's Julie and Julia, so I decided to blog my way through 2011. Not only will I write a blog entry everyday before midnight, I will also:
  • get a job
  • graduate with a First
  • take a photo everyday
  • learn a new recipe every week
  • shed the michelin tyre around my waist that had come into existence since the beginning of the last decade (although I must confess I just ate a piece of Wen Chean's brownies - the best ever!)
  • go to the gym five times a week
  • eat an apple a day
  • eat no red meat
  • save up £1500 for travelling (right now I'm choosing between InterRail-ing in Europe...or North Korea?)
  • drink no alcohol
  • drink nothing fizzy
So here are my resolutions.

In Renee Zellweger/Bridget Jones's words:
I've decided to take control of my life, and start a diary, to tell the truth of Bridget JonesVivian C., the whole truth.

And yes I have eaten an apple and taken a photo (of the apple).


I do promise to take more interesting photos (and not with my stupid phone)...

I guess in someway I decided to blog everyday this year 'cause somewhere inside my mind I want to be a good writer (obviously not wanting to become a writer as a career path or whatever). I just want to see whether I can write about my mundane life and make it sort of witty/entertaining in words. Honestly, ever since I came back from Japan my life has been going downhill. As depressed and pessimistic as I am right now (the past month has been absolutely crap), I might just one teeny bit of hope for something better this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment