Tuesday 23 February 2010

oink

Last night I made 豚肉のしょうが焼き and tonight's dish was 豚肉のてんぷら. Both dishes were made of pork slices.

豚肉のしょうが焼き involved marinating the pork in cooking wine, a little bit of soy sauce and ginger juice, then it's pan-fried until cooked, and then sautéed in a sweet soy sauce, and dressed in more grated ginger.

豚肉のてんぷら (pork tempura) was a little bit more complicated than it sounded. The batter was not just plain batter, it included spring onion, red picked ginger and sesame seeds.

Both dishes came out fine and tasted alright; I'm not a huge fan of pork though.







Howard: "Is it because I'm Jewish? 'Cause I'd kill my rabbi with a pork chop to be with your sister." (The Big Bang Theory Season 1)

1 comment:

  1. sorry but there was no need for the title
    YOU ARE HEARTLESS :(

    ReplyDelete