Thursday 11 February 2010

つくねの照り焼き

This is a burger-like dish, made with mince chicken and seaweed, dressed with teriyaki sauce.

Once again, I couldn't follow the recipe to every letter:
1) I had used up the leek the day before, so I used spring onion instead of finely chopped leek.
2) I had no みりん for the teriyaki sauce, so I used normal Japanese cooking wine instead.
3) I forgot to add ginger juice...(didn't realise this until after I had finished dinner and was washing up the dishes!)

Plus I made a huge mistake, which is probably going to result in me throwing away food. The recipe says 50g of seaweed (soaked). I carelessly misunderstood this as 50g of dried seaweed, which is to be soaked before adding to the mince chicken. So I ended up using the entire pack and 10 minutes later I had a huge bowl of soaked seaweed. I only used a handful or two of it for the dish in the end. The rest is now being refrigerated...

Anyway it tasted pretty good. Goes quite well with rice.

P.S. what do I do with left-over Hollandaise sauce? I put in the fridge overnight, and the next day whisk in some cream and stir it into pasta as a carbonara-esque sauce. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment