Tuesday 9 February 2010

とり唐揚げ

Tonight I made chicken kaarage, which is basically fried chicken. It's supposed to be deep-fried but I really dislike the idea so I just shallow-fried it. Andrew, being the ultimate chikin-kaarage enthusiast, was my guinea pig and judge. He liked it so I guess it was success?

I didn't follow the recipe to the letter though, 'cause I ran out of soy sauce (making the last two dishes), so I just seasoned the chicken (thigh) with Japanese cooking wine and a little bit of salt, before dipping into corn starch and fried in the pan.

Quite simple, actually.

I have a little heap of work to do before Rachel comes on Saturday. Right now I actually have this crazy idea of writing an essay in comparative literature on 谷崎潤一郎 Tanizaki Junichiro's 『細雪』 ("The Makioka Sisters") and Jane Austen (I think it could be compared with both Pride and Prejudice and Sense and Sensibility) - in addition to the one I'm currently writing (泉鏡花 Izumi Kyoka's 『高野聖』and Oscar Wilde's The Picture of Dorian Gray). That would happen if a day was 50-hours long and if I could give up sleep.

Also need to revise for Tuesday's grammar exam. Even though it's mostly grammar I've done for the JLPT Level 2 (which I passed! just found out today), I do need to revise 'cause it's slowly slipping off my brain.

P.S. Happy Birthday to Natsume Soseki!

[Correction: "The Makioka Sisters" by Tanizaki Junichiro; thank you Rachel for pointing out the typo]

2 comments:

  1. It's Makioka Vivian, honestly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha no problem, im the blog police.
    i dont have my work cut out though, since not many people bother to BLOG these days ;)

    ReplyDelete