Friday 11 March 2011

sundried tomato stuffed mushrooms

For dinner I had a Quorn savoury eggs and lettuce salad, and sundried tomato stuffed mushrooms. The first one is just something I make every now and then, when I'm hungry and don't want to cook. Just throw the savoury eggs and lettuce together, add splashes of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, pinches of salt and pepper and voila.



The latter - sundried tomato stuffed mushrooms - is from a recipe I found on smittenkitchen.com, a food blog which Morgan, my flatmate Wen Chean and myself have grown to love. The dish is not difficult to make although it takes a bit of an effort to make the stuffing. The result is really satisfying though. Healthy, delicious...and I love every bit of the ingredients: mushrooms (first roasted for 10mins to extract the moisture - you know how soggy mushrooms can get when they get cooked), sundried tomatoes, breadcrumbs, parmegiano-reggiano, parsley, egg yolk...all stuffed into the mushroom cap and become little balls of heaven. This dish makes a great canapé, or you can did what I did, eat 7 of them as dinner...

No comments:

Post a Comment