Monday 14 March 2011

best-ever brownies


Seriously, this recipe makes the most amazing, moist and decadent chocolate brownies, ever. Roomie Wen Chean makes this from time to time and I pestered her until she gave me the recipe. It's from BBC Good Food. Today I made it for the first time, since it's Megan's birthday. Personally I don't like white chocolate (it's not chocolate!), I replaced it with milk chocolate so altogether I used 185g of dark chocolate and 100g of milk chocolate. The use of dark chocolate and golden caster sugar and 3 eggs make this brownies incredibly moist and fudgy. I've seen recipes that uses no real chocolate (using cocoa powder instead) - come on! how can it be chocolatey without real chocolate? Strangely, the chocolate brownie recipe from The Hummingbird Bakery has similar ingredients to this one from BBC Good Food, but I remember the last time I used the Hummingbird recipe the brownies came out quite greasy...maybe it's the way the ingredients were incorporated?



Andrew says his flatmate James and his sister make the best brownies, I don't know if mine have the deliciousness to rival his favourites. We shall see...

P.S. In addition to the replacement of the white chocolate, the baking time needed to be extended to around 40-45 mins. 25-30 mins is simply not long enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment