Monday 7 March 2011

the bare necessities

Since I started working at the shop/restaurant, I've had 3 customers asking for my phone number and asking me out for coffee/dinner. Flattering as it may be, it really baffles me that on all 3 occasions, I was wearing glasses, no make-up and very plain clothes...so how did I manage to have 3 different guys to ask me out? I have no idea. Although I gave out my phone number to two of them, I never went out with any of the guys.

I only wear make-up for special occasions, interviews, birthday dinners and parties etc. But on those occasions I have never been asked out or flirted with (although to be honest I'm not really sure what flirting actually involves...not much experience in that area). I remember when I went to get a hair cut when I was in Osaka, the hairdresser (a Japanese guy) said he was really surprised and he found it really rare that I was a girl who had absolutely no make-up on. Japanese girls are always fully made-up, many with fake lashes and contact lenses that make their eyes scarily big.

So when I was web-browsing the other day, and found this article on Marie Claire US. Do men find women with no make-up more approachable? I always feel that a little make-up is better than none. Although I feel comfortable without make-up (and that's my look for most days), I always feel a little make-up can boost a girl's confidence and enhance her appearance. Maybe I should turn this into a little social experiment, and see how make-up affects one's chance with the opposite sex. It wouldn't exactly be a valid/reliable experiment, since I have so little practice/experience with the opposite sex...

No comments:

Post a Comment