Wednesday 2 March 2011

02032011

Last night I was browsing on the internet and found out that SOAS had already sent out all the JLPT results in the post. So this morning when I left the flat for the 10am class, I saw the Royal Mail van right outside the reception (where our pigeon holes are). First thing I did after class was go back and get my mail - and there it was, the big white envelope saying "please do not bend". I passed! The score is not great though, and somewhere in my mind is thinking that I should retake this exam later this year to try and get a higher score. Hmm...



As a token of thanks to the tutors and lecturers who helped me with the speech contest and postgraduate applications, I made a chocolate cake - the same one I made for Seb's and Wen Chean's birthdays. Now that I've made it 3 times, I can definitely tell that the first one I made for Seb was the best one. That time I realised that the amount of ingredients was too excessive so I reduced it proportionally, but then it didn't taste or look as good. So next time I shall stick to the original recipe (from The Primrose Bakery cookbook).



In the afternoon got a phone call from my parents. They were calling to congratulate me on the JLPT, and then it spiralled downwards into the usual - heated discussion about my plan post-graduation. I would tell you all the details here, but that just makes me even more upset and angry. So I won't.

Sometimes I feel like I'm enjoying life, but that doesn't happen often. Most other times I'm distressed over dissertation and graduation, and the mess that my personal life is.

No comments:

Post a Comment