Wednesday 16 February 2011

food!

Not only have I completely cut out red meat, fizzy drinks and alcohol from my life, I've also cut down the amount of carbs, and replacing it with protein-rich food and lots and lots of veg and fruit.


Seafood such as fish and prawns are very high in protein, so lately I've been eating a lot of prawns and salmon. This is my "two-way with prawns" dish: one half is eaten cold (ripe baby avocado, pan-fried king prawns, coriander, sea salt and coarsely ground pepper, lime juice), the other half is eaten hot (king prawns cooked in self-made tomato and basil coulis).


This is what I had tonight: aubergines au gratin (from Elizabeth David's French Provincial Cooking), with a slight Italian twist - I added grated parmesan to the aubergine layers. It's basically aubergine slices baked in a tomato coulis with parsley and breadcrumbs. Baked in a slow oven (150ºC) for an hour.

I've also developed a liking for Quorn savoury eggs...

No comments:

Post a Comment