Tuesday 15 February 2011

15022011

Today was a rather bizarre day...

The morning was typical. An hour work-out at the gym following my recent favourite raisin-free muesli.

In the afternoon I got an e-mail from SOAS - got an offer for the postgrad course in diplomacy. I still have a few weeks before deciding whether to accept or decline the offer. As much as I want to do this course, it's really expensive and I'm still waiting for two upcoming job interviews. But then the dates of the interviews haven't been decided...anyway I'm now much less anxious about my future post-graduation.

While I was at work, a customer came in looking for tofu and wakame (he's going to make miso soup for the first time), so I gave me some suggestion and advice. And then when he was paying for the stuff he asked me out, quite straight-forward "do you want to go out sometime?". I smiled and said 'no'. It was rather odd. Twice before I've had customers asking for my phone number, but then those two guys were sort-of regulars and I'd seen them before. But this guy is a first-time customer and there was't much conversation preceding the asking-out, so it was kinda bizarre.

Being asked out by guys is flattering, but also quite amusing at the same time. Mainly because I'm not used to it, and also because I don't find myself that attractive - especially not when I'm at work. I'm wearing glasses and no makeup, my hair is always tied up...being asked out by strangers just seems like something that only happens on TV or in the movies.

1 comment: