Tuesday 5 January 2010

New Year's Resolutions...?

I don't make New Year's Resolutions, but I do have things on my mind that need attention to be paid. There isn't a timeline, however, I do know these matters can't be left on the side forever.
  • save money for the following trips:
    - 紀伊半島、白川郷・高山、仙台・松島、日光、九州、沖縄 (will be going to Shikoku with parents in late-March so I won't need to worry about the expenses); plus that Golden Week road trip talked among our group
  • save money for new Nikkor lenses
  • to save money for the above two points I probably will have to starve for the rest of my time in Japan; I might seek some kind of sponsorship from my parents and brother.
  • I've decided to do no more clothes shopping for the rest of the months in Japan.
  • I'm also pondering on the possibility of doing the same for karaoke - although I might face serious objections from Seb, Andrew, Daan, Reinout and Morgan.
  • DISSERTATION. I'm seriously screwed. Just realised I have about 5 months at university in my final year (excluding the holidays and exam periods). From now on I have to come up with an original topic that will give me scope to write 12,000 words in an intellectually interesting way, and actually write the bloody essay.
  • JLPT 1級, either in July or in December.
  • besides all the things above, I also have my mind set on a Nikon D700, but I know I probably can't get my hands on one until after graduation
  • not having a DSLR also means I have to save money to buy film cartridges.
  • on the subject of photography, I also need to do some weekend trips to Nara and the Yamatoji area. My advisor, Yamamoto-sensei, suggested that I enter this photography competition, so I'll need to do a lot of research on the area. Obviously I'm not hoping to win, I'm only a beginner and an amateur, but I want to be really involved with the project and do as much as I can.
  • also I have to start thinking about graduate job applications, and/or postgraduate study applications. If I decide to do a Master degree I'll also need to think about the money issue.
  • oh yeah, and to make some progress on my Japanese proficiency; to be as fluent as I can. Almost forgot about that...
So the main problem is - how can I do all these things? As I said there isn't a specific deadline to complete all these tasks, but I know there isn't much time... I think I should stop wasting time. I've been doing that for the majority of the past 21 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment