Saturday 30 January 2010

Food cravings

Whilst revising for the coming exams and reading Oscar Wilde, I'm procrastinating by thinking of food... aaah these food cravings are driving me mad -
  1. Nando's chicken, with fries, grilled halloumi cheese and mashed sweet potato.
  2. (nearly) everything from the menu of Ed's Easy Diner in Soho, particularly the cheese burger, bacon & cheese fries, hotdog, and the brownie
  3. tapas from La Tasca
  4. giant shrimps deep-fried in preserved salty egg yolks - a Cantonese dish aka huang jin xia (黄金虾)
  5. chicken korma
  6. caesar salad
  7. a simple margherita from Domino's
  8. buffalo wings
  9. a bowl of laksa
  10. satay
  11. Vietnamese spring rolls
  12. Thai food in general
  13. warm chewy chocolate chip cookies
  14. Nachos, with melted cheese, guacamole, chilli and sour cream
  15. my grandma's sweet and sour pork
  16. Fisherman's pie
  17. Clam chowder
  18. Peking duck (the original dish) or crispy duck (the British Chinese version)
Recently I've been cooking very very simple dinners like natto on rice, or pan-fried salted salmon with rice, or just banana and cinnamon pancakes. All because I'm trying to save money for travelling in March.

In addition to the 10-day Honshu train-trekking, I'm also thinking about the possibility of spending a week island-hopping in Okinawa. I've always wanted to go there and it so happens that I have mileage about to expire in March, and there's just enough for a return ticket to Naha.

Aaah I can't wait to get all these exams and essays shizzle out of the way so I can go travelling and take as many photographs as I want :)

1 comment:

  1. right you can get like 50% of that stuff in yokohama china town i bet.
    as for nandos... sorry cant help you there.

    have you done that essay for manchester uni?
    omg mines so crap and i dont
    even
    CARE

    i'll let you take photos of me vivian
    cause im so amazing and all

    ReplyDelete