Thursday 14 January 2010

Butter


Tonight I made eggs benedict (or florentine, to be more precise), and asparagus for dinner.

The eggs florentine consists of poached eggs, spinach and camembert on toasts, dressed with hollandaise sauce.

And the asparagus were braised in butter for about 8 minutes, then dressed with shaved parmesan, lemon juice and hollandaise sauce.

In making the hollandaise sauce and the butter braised asparagus I used over 100g of unsalted butter...making this meal well over 1000kcals. Oops...I can feel the fat and cholesterol levels shooting off the ceiling, but YUM.

Maybe I should return to the natto and tofu with rice diet soon. (I spent over 5000yen in today's indulging grocery shopping at Carrefour, so after using up all the ingredients I bought today - maybe in a fortnight? - I shall return to a simple Japanese diet.)

Now, back to history revision. I have an oral exam on Japanese history (conducted in Japanese, of course) next Monday. The content isn't that hard but, to be honest, even though I've attended all the classes I haven't spent one minute listening to the sensei...

No comments:

Post a Comment