Wednesday 30 September 2009

到着した!

I'm blogging from OSAKA :)

I've just checked into Kansai Airport Washington Hotel. It's a short bus ride (free shuttle bus between the hotel and the airport) from the airport. I was going to book the Nikko Hotel, but
my mum told me to look around and find a cheaper alternative. So I did - and
I'm glad I did.

I booked the room via internet, no deposit was required. The internet offer is 7,300 yen for a single room for one night, and the price includes:
  • free internet (there's a LAN line provided in the room)
  • breakfast
  • a 300 yen Family Mart voucher (there's a convenience store on the 2nd floor of the hotel)
The room is small, but enough for one person. There's room to walk around, much better than the Green Hill Hotel Urban in Sannomiya, Kobe (stayed there last summer during the summer programme at Kobe University). The bathroom is quite small, as usual on the Japanese standard. TV, yukata, slippers, towels, fridge etc. the basics of a hotel room. I must mention the funky "kettle" though. It's not actually a kettle, but a hotplate with a metal mug on top of it!

I don't think I'll get much sleep tonight. Don't get me wrong, the room is very quiet even though the hotel is near the airport. I'm getting picked up by the university tomorrow morning at 0935 from the airport, and I have to go to the post office before that (and have breakfast and use the 300 yen convenience store voucher), so I've set my alarm clock for 0600.

I guess I'll have to rely on my adrenalin to get me going tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment