Monday 12 April 2010

More flowers...



Yesterday I went to Expo '70 Commemoration Park (万博記念公園) - again - with my host family. Dr. Nagano was busy with work (even on a Sunday!) so he couldn't come, so it was just Mrs. Nagano, Tomomi and me. Anyway we had fun watching street performers, and picnicking under the cherry blossom. Even though the cherry blossoms have passed the full bloom period, and started to fall from the trees, it was still very pretty, especially when the petals get blown away by the breeze and sweep through the air like a light snowfall of pink and white petals.

We walked to other parts of the park, some of which I had never been to. The tulips were very very pretty, so was the Japanese gardens. But I think I still prefer the botanical garden in Kyoto, that seemed less man-made and artificial. I wanted to see the poppies as well but the weather was getting less bright and sunny and more windy, and it's quite far away, right at the other end of the park, so we didn't go. Maybe next time? I definitely have to go see the poppies sometime soon.




Today, for the first time in my life, I had classes from 9 to 6 (0850~1750 to be more precise). I am utterly and completely exhausted. Okay yes I know I picked those classes, but I (am being a geek) really like these classes I've chosen, especially the literature class - finally - some challenging literary theories and criticism to be studied in Japanese!

I've decided to take the JLPT Level 1 test in December in London, rather than in July here in Osaka. I want to enjoy the rest of my study in Japan, and get as much as I can out of the classes, and not having to stress over cramming in test-oriented revision with assignments and using Japanese practically in daily life. I have already, however, started studying some Level 1 grammar, and will continue, just slowly at my own pace.



Am about to pass out onto my bed right now...

No comments:

Post a Comment