Thursday 8 April 2010

Miscellaneous

Yesterday, out of boredom, I made chocolate chip cookies.



Today was the first day of classes. I'm actually having fun! First class was the Bridget Jones's Diary class. It's actually quite pleasant to wake up to a bit of Helen Fielding and Mr. Darcy.

Second class was introductory classical Japanese, which I've always wanted to learn; it just so happened that I didn't sleep well and have an aching back, the two combined made me very very sleepy and distracted...

Then I had two periods off, did laundry and made myself a piece of ham and cheese on toast. And a cup of good ol' Tetley. Mmm...

I went to advanced conversation class during fifth period. Atsuda-sensei was simply amazing. I don't know why I didn't take any of her classes last semester. She's friendly, very chatty and has a great sense of humour. I wish I could take her listening and grammar classes on Fridays but that would clash with the Japanese legal system class at the Faculty of Law.


The sakura outside our dormitory is blooming very beautifully right now -



P.S. I think I might have written about this here before, but I just love love love avocados. There's nothing better than the joy of cutting open an avocado and find it perfectly ripen.

I usually mash it up, add the juice of half a lemon, a splash of extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper, and chopped parsley (or coriander, though this is difficult to find in Japan). Spread it on toasts - yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment