Tuesday 22 December 2009

Let it snow...or don't.

While I'm complaining about how the biggest snowfall ever in Europe is happening when I'm not there, the chaos caused by such snowfall have been rather annoying too.

Last night I got a message from Mark, Yishi's friend whom I have never met but will meet this week, saying that his flight to Osaka via Amsterdam has been cancelled. He is now arriving on Thursday morning, 2 days later than originally planned. Then early this morning I got another message from Mark saying that Yishi's flight has been pushed back a day.

This afternoon I called Yishi on her mobile to see what's happening. She said her flight from London to Paris was severely delayed, which made her miss the connecting flight from Charles de Gaulle to Kansai International. So she (and her mother) had to spend the night at a hotel near the airport.

So tomorrow I'm going to meet them at the airport, and at the same time Daan will meet his girlfriend (who's travelling on the same Air France flight).

Oh and last night, while I was contemplating on the affect of snowfall on flight cancellation, Seb decided that he should check his flight (this was around 2200 at night)...and came to realise that his flight home (via Amsterdam) has been cancelled. He was like "okay then...well...hmm...", looking rather calm but then immediately called his father, who booked him a seat on Air France so he still managed to fly out of Osaka this morning.

But still...I kinda miss the snow back home. The one time there's proper snow in London and Manchester - I'm not there to see it. Whereas here in Osaka, we've had like 5 minutes of pathetic snowflakes drifting in the air.

1 comment:

  1. we didnt even get pathetic snowflakes here in tokyo :(

    ReplyDelete