Monday 30 November 2009

November happenings (3) - Minji visits

I met Minji when she came to St. Helen's in Year 9, she was originally a boarder at Gwyer, then she left boarding and became a day girl, but she left Britain a year later. I hadn't seen her for a few years until she came to visit us at school when I was in Year 12. And then I saw her again when I travelled to South Korea on New Year's Eve (2008/09), and again in Hong Kong this summer.

She came to Japan a couple of months ago to attend a language school in Tokyo, and we decided to meet again - this time in Japan. She hadn't been to Kansai so she decided to come and visit me.

After the 2-day Wakayama trip, I (without knowing how) played an intensive 3-hour badminton session that same evening I got back from Wakayama (when I had enough of badminton, Tommy replied "it's about time"), and got up the next morning at 0530 to go to Osaka station to meet Minji, who travelled from Tokyo by the all-night highway bus. We spent the morning around Umeda, Shinsabashi and Namba, and had okonomiyaki for lunch at the very popular きじ restaurant in Umeda. We had planned to go to Minoh park that afternoon but we were so exhausted that we gave up that idea, and just chilled out in my room and cooked dinner together.



The next day we joined the little trip to Arashiyama (organised by Shinya and Tomoko) to see the momiji there. Adam, Jan, Felix, Ivan and Andrew also went, and I was glad to see that they liked Minji.



There were soooo many tourists in Arashiyama, which kinda ruined the beautiful autumn scenaries...we had a great time anyway, especially short boat cruise on the river :)



No comments:

Post a Comment