Monday 30 November 2009

November happenings (1)

Since tomorrow is 1st December, (and I still haven't written about things I should have written here ages ago) I will briefly summarise the events of this month... (I apologise for such a badly written/organised post - I just haven't had the time to blog properly - excuses excuses)

At the beginning of the month there was the 3-day まちかね祭 (the 学園祭 of Osaka University), which Jan and I went together. Basically the afternoon was spent with Jan whispering in my ears "Oh my God look at that guy, he's sooo hot" every 10 seconds. (I have queries about his standards of hotness/cuteness in guys.) There were all kinds of performances, including bellydancing, magician/illusionist, street dance, music groups, Mr. & Miss 阪大コンテスト (the girls were pretty but the guys were not hot at all) and loads of food stalls.




The next day was a national holiday and I spent the afternoon with my host family. The Nagano family consists of the father (who is a neurologist at the Osaka University hospital), the mother (housewife) and a 11-year-old daughter. We made たこ焼き and ate homemade cheesecake and played Wii - it was my first time playing Wii and I sucked at it (surprise surprise - considering my limited talent and ability on video games), lost every game against everyone. They are very やさしい and we're meeting again next month to see the Christmas illuminations in Kobe.


No comments:

Post a Comment