Thursday 2 June 2011

A Single Man


Today I actually watched 2 films - Ever After and A Single Man. Morgan, Afifah and Cayley have been telling me to watch Ever After for a long time so now that I have the time it became one of the films I had to watch straightaway. It exceeded my expectations - it's not just another chick-flick. It's a little bit different. It's a twist on the classic Cinderella story, and I quite liked the feisty character of the protagonist (played by Drew Barrymore), but maybe it's the setting (15th century France)...it's just not really my cup of tea. Hmmm don't really know why.

Another very different film - A Single Man. It may be the cinematographically most beautiful film I've ever seen. Everything on the screen was done to perfection - courtesy of the impeccable style of Tom Ford. The story itself is unlike the blockbusters. There's no feel-good factor that The King's Speech had. It is almost a showcase dedicated exclusively to Colin Firth's beautiful acting through the emotions of his face. The ending was a bit of an anti-climax though.



2 comments:

  1. i love julianne moore
    just sayin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. she is simply stunning. everything in the film was aesthetically pleasing.

    ReplyDelete