Wednesday 1 June 2011

Finally...

Yes it has been a month. A whole month has gone by since I last blogged. Now that 20 years of education has ended, I no longer have excuses not to blog. It feels weird, not having to think about study-related things. I don't feel relieved or happy though. I don't think I can feel happy until I get the results (in a month's time I guess?). In the meantime, it kinda feel like the summer of 2007, when I finished the IB exams on around 23/24 May, and most of my friends were doing A-Levels so I just got so so bored at home. If I recall correctly, it was also the summer when one night I decided to watch all 40 episodes of an old Chinese TV drama (one that I watched as a 10-year-old) about firefighters - in one go. I remember 'cause I had stayed up all night watching it, and in the morning we went to visit my grandma in the nursing home and I fell asleep in the car. I had never felt so tired before. Well this was before May 2009 when I had two essay deadlines on the same day and I had gone for 35 hours without sleep. Well, anyway, the ramble is over. I won't pull any unnecessary all-nighters anymore. Although to be honest I don't think I have the ability even if I wanted to pull an all-nighter.

My point is, this summer, I would like to do something productive (although 'productive' is a rather vague adjective). Since my favourite TV series have all ended, and I'll have to wait until September for new episodes, I'll be doing things other than watching TV. Here's what I've got on the list:

- going to watch LSO's performance of Candide this Sunday at the Barbican
- Wimbledon
- take the driver's theory test (finally!), so that once I start working and earning money, I can pay for an instructor
- watch a movie everyday (tonight was You've Got Mail). There are just so many films I have yet to watch.
- read novels. Finally I have the time to read something other than academic journals and newspaper articles
- go jogging in the parks of London
- take photos
- learn how to edit videos with iMovie
- go wander and get lost in the museums and galleries
- catch up with fellow Londoners especially the Old Girls
- Promming
- find out things to do in London that would not cost a penny (any suggestions?)

P.S. I'm also looking forward to a trip abroad at the end of June. And graduation of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment