Saturday 24 July 2010

Resemblance



Having recently discovered the joys of facebook and modern technology, my Dad scanned and uploaded a photo of him and my Mum in their 20s (he was 29 and my Mum was 26). While my brother is the literally the masculine form of my mother, I've never considered myself a splitting image of her (even though there have been many people who say we look alike). I don't object to that statement, of course I look like her. But looking at my parents' old photos, I was in awe at how I bear resemblances to both my parents, I could actually see myself in their faces.

One time my Mum joked about what if my brother and I got mixed up at birth at the hospital, I laughed it off 'cause that would be impossible. Not only it's completely hypothetical, I just don't see it as possible. My brother looks exactly like my Mum (except for his ears, which stick out a little like my Dad's), and I look like both my parents, so even without a DNA test I'm 100% certain that my brother and I are the products of my parents' union.

No comments:

Post a Comment