Sunday 14 March 2010

"Kyoto Sakura Journey on a Train"

I bought 『京都電車で行く桜散策』(English title: "Kyoto Sakura Journey on a Train") from the bookshop at Keio University (also available at Amazon.co.jp).

The book is very beautifully laid out, and the photographs are simply stunning. It's simple in presentation but gives sufficient information as to how to get to these temples, shrines and parks etc. What's more is that it's bilingual - every page is written in both Japanese and English, very useful even for those who don't read Japanese. The book is a little pricey but I think it's worth the price, I haven't seen a better hanami book/magazine yet. Usually these publications (especially the magazines) are bombarded with too much information (with souvenirs, restaurants suggestion for tourists) and many advertisements. But in this book the information is very clearly laid out, and I just love the photography, which gives me great inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment