Thursday 7 April 2011

Foodie Murakami

For the written assessment of EALC30000, I have to translate an extract from Murakami's Norwegian Wood. I've never read it (English or Japanese), and I still haven't seen the movie. But from this short extract that I've read, I love it already, simply because it's about food.

I'm quite pleased our teacher chose this passage, not only is the language really easy to understand (no big words or difficult grammar; very casual conversations), it's about food, so all the vocabulary is food-related. Aji (horse mackerel - remember the time when I tried to fillet horse mackerel and made the big mess?), knives, chopping board, whetstone, and food with Kansai flavours. The extract reads like a foodie blog!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete