Monday 31 May 2010

Ramblings

It's one of those days when I think life is crappy and I don't want to do anything except for procrastinating in my room...

- my host family in Minoh is moving away to Tokyo at the end of July;

- I was going to meet them yesterday, but got a message on Saturday saying that the grandfather of the family passed away so yesterday became funeral day. Next meeting now postponed to I don't know when.

- I took a few rolls of film to get it cross-processed at Horiuchi Color in Umeda. Most of the photos turned out to be over-exposed... next time I'll have to under expose everything before cross-processing. Noted.

- Have absolutely no motivation to work right now. I'm 3 weeks behind on the weekly activity sheet, trying to do them all tonight, not wanting to risk getting Shoji sensei angry (life was so much easier with Yamamoto!).

- I failed for the second time running in making the frosting of the Hummingbird Bakery's "Brooklyn Blackout Cake". Something wrong with the cornflour syrup...

- I failed for the second time running (again) in making the Hollandaise sauce. The strange thing is that I nailed it at the first time and it was amazing. Then the second and third time I couldn't do it...ended up with a runny melted butter liquid mess.

- Personal finance is very bad right now. I don't even know where my scholarship money goes to... it just gradually vanishes from my bank account. And I still have plenty of things I want to buy, and I still want to go onto that end-of-year trip to Kyushu in August.

- I'm feeling a little bit under par right now. Been having this annoying throat infection for the last couple of days. Grrr...

End of tonight's ramblings. Back to work (I hope).


P.S. The weather has been quite superb recently. Warm but not hot or humid. Yesterday's blue sky was quite a pleasant surprise amidst all this crappiness.


1 comment: